Make watching your favorite videos easier with the YouTube app.
Explore brand new content, music, news and more with the official
YouTube app for iPhone and iPad.
Discover even more with the official YouTube app. Subscribe to channels with your favorite content, share them with friends or upload your very own videos for everyone to see.
Get more out of your video streaming app and discover even more with YouTube.
DISCOVER BRAND NEW CONTENT
- Browse YouTube’s personal recommendations on the home tab
- Watch the hottest videos, from music to viral sensations on the trending tab
- Like something? Tap like to save to your personal list or share with your friends!
- Find the videos of the latest hits!
- Watch fresh releases from popular and trending artists
LIVE STREAMS & MORE
- Get the latest news or watch your favorite popular live streams right on your device!
LEARN FROM THE BEST
- Practice and learn alongside the best online
- Watch videos and learn any skill you need
- Explore thousands of videos for makeup, DIY, tips and more!
CONNECT AND SHARE
- Let people know how you feel with likes, comments, or shares
- Directly share your friends favorite videos with your friends
- Make a playlist that saves your favorite videos
- See the latest from the creators you follow on the subscriptions tab
Download the official YouTube app and start watching your favorite videos today!
WITH YOUTUBE PREMIUM, GET YOUTUBE AD-FREE, OFFLINE, AND IN THE BACKGROUND. PLUS, ACCESS TO ALL YOUTUBE ORIGINALS.
- Watch the videos you love without ads!
- Play videos in the background, even when you open another app
- Download videos for when you're low on data or can't get online
- Discover original series and movies from today's hottest talent
If you subscribe via iTunes:
Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period at the rate of the selected plan. Subscriptions and auto-renewal may be managed by going to Account Settings after purchase
Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when purchasing a subscription.
Monthly price: $15.99
YouTube paid service terms: https://www.youtube.com/t/terms_paidservice
YouTube's newest version is ready for unboxing. Get the latest update for all available features & stability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Good, but needs a lot of improvements
I use this app all the time and for the most part it works really well! The videos load up fairly quickly and they can be watched without any trouble when watching in a high resolution. And in its simplest form, that’s it! It works well! However, there are some bugs and some flaws that need to be fixed. While the videos are watchable, at times it will freeze and the app will just crash. This can get really annoying when you’re watching something and then all of a sudden it just crashes on you. Thankfully, once you head back into the app, it will let you start off from where you were. But there is one last flaw that really should be fixed, connecting to the TV. While videos do work well on the TV, half of the time I’ll be watching a video, and then all of a sudden I may accidentally tap the icon to connect to the TV and then it will just connect. You can exit out of it, but sometimes I won’t notice and it will connect to my TV without me even knowing. And I feel like when you tap on the icon, it should say “Are you sure that you want to connect to this TV?” And then you could either tap Yes or No, instead of it just automatically connecting with very little time to cancel the operation. Other than these though, the app isn’t all that bad and I would recommend it, as long as the flaws don’t mess with your time watching videos, then it is a passable app.
Solution: 3D Touch
Great app, I use it every day. Just ONE THING (and a real sensible solution):
--THING: (Users with shaky hands, whether through the effects of caffeine or neurological disorders, or while walking or in a moving vehicle, may experience this more often.) While a video is playing and the user is browsing comments or other videos to play next or later, it is way too easy to unintentionally tap, even slightly touch, another video link that will immediately stop the existing video and start playing another. It's an inconvenience that's happened many times here, often with videos that I've had no interest in viewing, and have had to remove from viewing history to keep any others like them from showing up in the feed.
--POSSIBLE SOLUTION: incorporate the iOS features of 3D Touch into the app, requiring a bit more pressure on a video link if a video is already playing and the user wants to play another video before it's finished, and ensuring that the action is done with definite intent.
--ANOTHER idea, and for systems without 3D Touch, could be a request for confirmation, with a tiny, semitransparent pop-up asking something like, "Do you want to stop (current video) and play (next video)?" without disrupting the current video.
Five stars for sure if this could be added to a future update.
What’s Going On?
I don’t know if my phone hasn’t updated it until now or if this
is just now happening but when I click to listen to my music playlist it
shows the videos in the order they’re usually in when not on shuffle
like it used to. But when I click the shuffle button to start it shows
the order that it’s shuffled so that I know what the next song will be.
There’s no problem with that but the irritating part is that when I find
the song I want to listen to and turn the shuffle off, it doesn’t
revert back to playing in order like it used to. It continues to play
that song and then play the next song on the shuffle list, not on the
next song that would normally play if it wasn’t on shuffle.
Now, I don’t mind listening to my music on shuffle, that’s the whole point of shuffle, but I have a rather large playlist for songs and sometimes I’m looking for a specific group of songs that are next to each other in the playlist. Because of my having a large playlist, I used the shuffle feature to find the songs I want and then turn the shuffle off to listen in the normal order rather than scrolling through hundreds of songs to find the right ones. The feature of it reverting back after clicking to turn the shuffle off is helpful when I’m looking for specific songs but it’s hard to do that now that shuffle no longer does that.
- Google, Inc.
- 224.4 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Kirghiz, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2017 Google Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- YouTube Red $12.99
- YouTube Red $12.99
- YouTube Red $12.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.